Saturday, September 20, 2008

Intro #1 (cause essay) lets try this again john

I know you didn't say to re-write this, but after I read the old one again I relized how much it stunk. lets try this

The sun is slowing coming up over the horizon and the yellowish red tint from the sky reflecting off the water makes it look like the entire small pond that leads to the lake is on fire. The smell of two cycle exhaust fills the air and in every breath straight into my lungs, but instead of coughing and complaining I take an even bigger breath and slowly exhale, “five days of fishing and relaxation Sam” “yup” Sam says while waiting for me to shove us off. I reach for the boat, but all I feel is my knee, and a sleeping bag. Confused as I was, it did take long for me to realize I had just been dreaming of five days prior. I stretched my arms out and sighed, because today was the last day of our annual fishing trip and I knew I had to get up and start taking down camp. You would not think the events we had just experienced for the last five days would cause anyone to relax but I assure you, there is nothing like fresh air, fishing and crazy unexpected weather to make one forget about the busy world we all live in.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

This has a clear lead-in to the next three grafs, which the other version lacks, but otherwise, for my money, version 2 is the keeper.