Thursday, September 18, 2008

Essay Intro #1

Many public schools, or should I say Government run schools have gotten worse over the past 60 years. Parents have lost control on what their kids are learning at all ages, teachers tell students to keep and hide things from their parents, and kids are being taught tolerance for all people, religions, or sexual orientation unless you believe in Jesus Christ, I thought tolerance for all people meant all people. These are the three main reasons why my wife and I have chosen to home school our kids. I went to public school, and I never cared about any of this before, but after having kids and now finally seeing the truth, I think very different.

2 comments:

johngoldfine said...

Hold off on the opinions up front--save them for the outro after you've made your case. In the front end of a graf like this, shoot for human interest: bad stuff that's happened to your kids or you in school, bad stories from people you know, a picture of your kid playing and learning happily. Those are hooks, opinions less so.

With opinions you're always going to write better cool than hot.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.