Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Outro (class essay)

I drive 104 miles every day, and get plenty of practice driving in all kinds of weather. I have put my little Hyundai accent to the test on many occasions as you have just read. I bought it in 2003 brand new and now it has 155,000 miles on it. I take good care of it, and I just hope when the engine die I will be able to give my car a heart transplant and put a new motor in it, because it is that good of a car. Every year sometime in the first or second week of December I put on my studded snow tires, and load the back of my car with my Carhart insulated bibs, Carhart insulated jacket, my -70 degree boots, -30 degree gloves (the boots are nice and warn but the gloves are not) my thick wool hat, a wool ski mask, and a flashlight. It’s no big surprise that I am well prepared for a meeting with a snow bank, and ditch, if I am going to have to walk home I want to be warm. So every trip I take in a storm there is that chance that I will go off the road, but I learn from experience as well as mistakes, and so far I have not seen what inside a snow bank looks like, and with my wife and kids praying when they go to bed for me to return home safely, I never will.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

So the earlier material talks about the three types of things you have for emergencies and this gives us a second look or a more detailed look? Probably works--the end of the graf sounds very outro-ey.