Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Intro #2 (contrast Essay)

I moved out of my parent’s house about 12 years ago, there are a lot of things that can change in twelve years. I go home all the time during the summer and on holidays, but most of the time we spend time at my sister’s house or at our camp. But when I go home to hunt with my dad I spend a lot of time in the woods by my parent’s house and get to see all the places I once explored when I was a kid. I had three sisters growing up and my brother was born 7 years after me so he was never big enough to keep up with me so I spent most of my time by myself. The tree house my friend best Chris and I built looks very different than it did when it was our fortress of solitude. When I go out hunting with my dad, I see many things that look different than they did, and what Ten years of beaver infestation can do. I don’t really hunt I mostly walk miles and miles having fun being In the woods with my dad. My parent’s house over the years has changed as well it is very different now than when I lives there, but something’s in my parents’ house will never change.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

I like the way you inform the reader, aren't in too big a hurry to move on to the rest of it, but the downside is that there isn't enough focus here--this goes off in so many directions the reader has to stop and try to figure out what exactly is going to be compared to what. I'm still not sure by the end of the graf.