Sunday, October 19, 2008

Graf #10

Research, research, research, I have done so much research over the past 5 years after I moved into my house, there is no way I could remember and write it all down, but I will try. The main reason for all of my research over the past year was because of PRICE!! When I first moved into my house I had to research for the cheapest company that sold oil, the best garage in the area and what their labor cost was. When I was ready to buy a new car, I shopped around for the best gas mileage, the cheapest with the best quality, and the most reliable.

I think the most extensive research I did was a year and a half ago when I put new windows, siding, and a new metal roof. There were just too many choices for window. Did I want double hung, single hung, new construction, replacement, argon filled, blinds inside of the glass, with J-channel without J-channel, blah blah blah, I just wanted good, cheap windows that would keep the warm air in and the cold air out. Siding and roofing was a little easier, but I had to research what colors would look the best when together (all I did was ask my wife what color she wanted) what were the best brands, and what style of roofing I wanted. What is funny is about 9 months ago I did some research on laptop computers, only so I could get one home and do more research on the “world wide web” for home schooling stuff. Life is a research paper, I wonder who will write mine?

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

I've still got the original 1850s windows in my house, so the big research question every winter is do I want to wedge them tighter in their frames with bentover matchbooks or with little wooden pieces from my kindling pile. J-channels? Argon? Haha.

:)

But, yeah, this is exactly what I had in mind for graf 10.